What is Yellow Card for travelling?
Yellow card is a certificate of vaccination to show that travellers have been immunized against yellow fever.
Yellow fever is a mosquito-borne viral disease present in Africa and South America. The infection can range from mild to severe. Vaccination is the best protection against this virus.
The yellow fever vaccine provides protection against the virus for travelers and those living in areas where the disease is present. The vaccine is only available in an injectable form.
Why the new Yellow card?
After series of report concerning the distribution of fake yellow cards, the Federal Government has introduced a better version of the Yellow card since August 2018.
The Electronic yellow card which should be impossible to fake, is machine-readable and can store vaccination history of the holder.
All travelers have been mandated by the Federal Government to get the new yellow card as the old card will be inadmissible by 01 April 2019.
How much is the yellow card in Nigeria or Where to get a yellow card?
Below are the steps to follow:
1. Visit yellowcardnigeria.com
2. Click on ‘Register’
3. Fill in your personal information
4. Click on the ‘PAY NOW’ button to generate your Remita Retrieval Receipt (RRR) code. Pay the sum of ₦2,000 online or go to the bank.
5. Take the payment receipt along with your International Passport to any Port Health Services office located inside the international airport across various states.
6. Get vaccinated and obtain the new e-Yellow Card.
Alternatively, you can go to the Port health services office to make payment and get everything done. It is advisable to go prior to the dates of travel in order to avoid queues.
My Yellow card is still valid?.
Yellow fever cards are valid for 10 years from the day of vaccination. As for the question of ‘Do I need to take the vaccine again if my card is still valid’? You won’t have to. You should provide the old yellow card with proof of vaccination then pay for the new card.
Hope you found this thread useful?