have come to realize that a lot of first-time travelers take this question; “HOW TO TRAVEL” for granted, and sometimes, they end up missing their flights or end up spending extra money to reschedule flights.
The first time I traveled on an international flight alone, I was so confused, anxious, and unprepared that I almost ended up missing my flight. Unfortunately for me, I was going on a vacation and it was all planned by me, yea I wanted to be the perfect solo traveler.
But please, if you have no prior travel experience, of course, you don’t that’s why you are reading this piece, please do contact a reliable travel agent to help plan your trip or travel in a group. I know you can ask friends or do research like you are doing now, but the truth is; every first-time traveler has a unique travel experience as a first-timer.
Now let us get to business, I am sure you have your visa already, the next thing to do is to ensure you have your flight and hotel booked. After sorting your flight ticket and hotel reservation, you are pretty much ready to tell your own first time-traveling experience. But let me walk you through the process you are likely to go through.
TIPS/PROCESS TO FOLLOW FOR FIRST TIME TRAVELERS
1. Relax, take a deep breath and be composed.
2. Prepare your travel documents a week before your departure. This is to ensure you do not forget anything you need for your trip. Gather your passport, visa support documents, hotel reservation document, flight ticket and most importantly your basic traveling allowance.
3. Pack only the stuff you need, ensure you travel lightly so as to save yourself the stress of disposing of luggage that does not comply with luggage specifications of the airline you are traveling on. I repeat, ensure your luggage do not exceed weight limits if possible travel with carry-on baggage only.
4. Make sure you arrive at the airport 3 hours before your departure time. You need to arrive early because you would have to go through security checks, thereafter you have to check-in at the airline desk. After check-in, this is the perfect opportunity to change your currency to that of the country you are visiting.
5. It is almost time to board after check-in, the next is to go through airport security, thereafter immigration and drug law enforcement officers.
6. Proceed to your gate after going through immigration checks, when you approach the gate you would be greeted by a beautiful flight attendant. Show them your flight ticket and then get your boarding pass.
7. Board the plane like a boss after getting your boarding pass. Please, listen to the safety tips before take-off and ensure your luggage is properly kept under your seat or properly placed on the overhead bin.
8. Don’t be shy, eat the foods and drinks given to you. You paid for it already, demand more if you are not full, they either oblige you or say no.
By the way, never forget your debit or credit card.
Feel free to contact us for your travel assistance advice.